2017 Jared Polis Foundation Teacher Recognition Awards
The Teacher Recognition Awards
The Jared Polis Foundation has been honoring Colorado public school teachers since 2002 through a program initially called Appreciating Educators (2002-2005) and then revised to the Teacher Recognition Awards (2006-ongoing). For the past 11 years through the teacher recognition awards, the Jared Polis Foundation has honored 10 Colorado K-12 teachers each year who have demonstrated highly effective, results-oriented teaching and have proven to be compassionate, caring and dedicated to all of their students. Parents, peers, principals, students, and staff members have nominated teachers throughout the years. On average, JPF receives nearly 100 nominations each year, and the committee that reviews these nominations is impressed year after year by the hard work and ingenuity of the Colorado teacher nominees.
To help make your teacher nomination as strong as possible, please read past teacher recognition honorees’ nominations. Read chosen nominations before submitting your nomination!
Example Nomination 1
Example Nomination 2
Example Nomination 3
Example Nomination 4
JPF has new guidelines for the 2017 nominations!
$1,000 teacher-directed school grant focused on teacher honoree’s technology needs
$1,000 teacher discretionary award
One iPad or tablet of the teacher honoree’s choice
Teacher Honoree Apple Award
Nominator Information(must be included in nomination): Name, phone number, email address, relationship to nominee ***The Nominator can collaborate on the nomination and work with others in a team setting; if you do collaborate with others, please include all nominators’ information in this section.
Nominee Information(must be included in nomination): Name, email address, school phone number, school address, number of years teaching, subject/s and grade level/s the nominee teaches, and a description of the neighborhoods served by the school.
Nomination Requirements: Please answer the following questions and make sure to include the required number of specific examples. Demonstrate your teacher nominee’s commitment to all of his/her students. Provide three examples demonstrating this commitment to various types of learners.
• Demonstrate your teacher nominee’s ability to work effectively with different types of students (i.e., talented and gifted, or English Language Learners, or students receiving special education services, or students with Autism…). Provide three examples that illustrate their effective teaching methods with various students.
• What makes your teacher nominee stand out among their peers? Provide three examples demonstrating their exceptional work.
• Provide one example of your teacher nominee working to improve or enhance their school community.
Nomination Submission-You choose the way you want to submit:
1. Written Nomination: Please use 12-point type and no more than 1,000 words; the review committee will not review a nomination that is more than 1,000 words. Please include all required Nominator and Nominee information at the top of the submitted nomination; the nominator and nominee information is NOT included in your 1,000 word count maximum.
2. Video Nomination: nominators can submit a video nomination using You Tube or other type of link and present their nominations, addressing the criteria and providing specific examples, in up to 4 minutes. Please include all required Nominator and Nominee information in the video before you begin responding to questions (we allow for an extra 30 seconds for the required information: maximum allowed video time: 4 mins/30 secs).
3. Audio Nomination: nominators can submit audio nominations via flash drive, email, or app addressing the criteria and providing specific examples in up to 4 minutes. Please include all required Nominator and Nominee information in the video before you begin responding to questions (we allow for an extra 30 seconds for the required information: maximum allowed audio time: 4 mins/30 secs).
Please email your submission in one PDF or link and include your teacher nominee’s full name in the PDF title. Please email it to Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org, by the April 14, 2017 deadline; please submit it by 5pm (MST).
The Jared Polis Foundation is pleased to congratulate the 2015 honorees:
2015 Teacher Recognition Honorees